Sunday, February 8, 2015

I hate Valentines Day...

Ya'll, I hate Valentines Day.

Always have, probably always will.

I'm probably one of the very few ladies who says this and truly means it.

For the past 15 years, Jenn & I have joked about how much we hate red roses and lace doilies and hearts and chocolates and all things Valentines day.

Maaaany years ago, I had a first date on Valentines Day.  It was with a guy I had noticed at the gym for quite some time, so I should have been pretty excited about it.  But... instead, I asked him if Jenn could join us!  No clue why that one didn't work out, but Jenn & I had a great night!  ;)  Possibly not my finest dating move, but I just hate that one day THAT MUCH.  It's just so commercialized and cheesy.  And then add a first date on top of that, too much!!!

But as much as I hate it?  There's still so much pressure!

Over-acknowledge it, and it's too much.  But fail to acknowledge it at all?  And it's a total slap in the face.

You love me?  Great!  Go out of your way to show me that every single day!!

You don't love me?  You clearly have very poor taste, and this day/night can only end with my telling you that.

You're still figuring it out?  Me too!  So why is February 14th the deadline to figure it out?!?!  Too much pressure!

Let's go out to dinner on Valentines!  No thanks, I've worked in fine dining.  It is worst night ever to go out to eat!

Let's spend it at home?  Now we're talking, but you better make it special.  Or... are you just being lame?

You had flowers delivered (#1, they better not be roses, I hate roses).  #2, what a waste of money, #3, I would rather you hand deliver them!

You didn't bring me flowers!?!?!  I hate you!

As far as I'm concerned, Valentines Day should be best known as the day that reminds everyone that my birthday is only 10 days away.  And, THAT, is a day worth celebrating!!!  :)

Rants from the one chic who seriously just hates Valentines Day.  In my mind, this is one day that you're darned if you do, darned if you don't.  Maybe I'll change my mind one of these days, but it hasn't happened yet!!!  ;)

And yet... it still seems to keep on coming back around!

No comments:

Post a Comment