Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Just a blessed single mom... keeping it real! :)

I have the BEST best friends in the world.  I can count my forever friends on one hand, and I am not lying when I say that they are just, simply, THE BEST!  And bless their hearts (I'm a born and raised, fat back fed, Southern Belle, I have to preface many a statement with that phrase)  ;) ... they are the first to say "Shea, you put waaay too much on facebook".  I know they are looking out for me, so I always smile and say, "Bless your heart!... I know I do, thank you."  And I mean that.  They are looking out for me, and I appreciate that.  But you know what?  I'm okay with what I put on facebook.  I'm just being me.  I'm just being real.  I have no interest in creating some kind of false persona of who I am or showcasing only the very best moments of our lives.  I just want to be me.  I just want to be real.  I don't divulge private family secrets or the password to our alarm system.  I am who I am and I'm okay with that.  I wish more people were the same way.

It has taken me a loooong time to figure out who I am.  And I am proud of the person I have become.  Are there still many things I would like to accomplish and many qualities, I would would like to focus on?  Of course!  But for now...  I'm pretty content with just being... me!  I'm intense, I'm deep, I'm introspective and I love to over-analyze.  I'm all in,  all the time!  But you can always trust that I'm real!  :)  And yes, my intensity can be a bit too much for some people.  And that's okay.  That probably just means that we are better off as casual acquaintances than as best friends.  :)

There is nothing I love more than deep conversation.  What I don't do is superficial.  I don't do pretenses.  I don't pretend to be someone I'm not.  It's taken me a long time to get to where I am now, and I wouldn't change a thing!

So... if I share something on facebook, I'm just sharing because that's what I do.

I won't lie... I probably post a bit more right now because at night, after the kids are in bed, I can get a little lonely.  I would love to be snuggled up on the couch with my soul mate watching movies and having deep conversations.  But, that isn't my life right now, and I don't have that person to share all of my thoughts with, so... I write.  I share.  I open up my heart to my friends.  It's too much for some, but it's just right for others.  And I appreciate the connection.  :)

I absolutely believe that there are limits as to what you should share online... do I divulge intimate details of my relationships, past or present?  Absolutely not!  Would I ever share details of my children's lives that might embarrass them (now OR later?)  No way!!  But I have no problem sharing the struggles (and joys!) my sweet little family of three encounters as a single parent family.  I have no problem sharing the struggles (and successes!) that Holden encounters as a child with Autism.  I have no problem sharing the happiness I feel from being the head of a HAPPY home, nor do I have a problem sharing the loneliness I encounter as a single mom.  So... that might be too much honesty for some, but it's the perfect amount of real for me!  Thank you for reading and for loving us through our highs and lows, our struggles and our successes!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... invest in us, and you've invested in a good cause!  We look forward to your continued support as we struggle through the hard times and we look forward to your shared excitement as we celebrate so many more accomplishments and meet so many more goals and milestones!  :)

Just a blessed single mom, keeping it real!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment