Friday, November 14, 2014

Yes, I live with my mom!

I would be lying if I said that there weren't times when I am embarrassed to say "I live with my mom". I mean, let's face it... I never planned on being 36 years old and raising two kids in my parents' home. But I just have to tell you that I. AM. BLESSED. WE. ARE. BLESSED. I was a strong-willed, rebellious child in high school and college, and I caused my parents more heartache than I care to remember. Even once I graduated from college, had a job and bought a place of my own, I still caused them quite a bit of stress (maybe even more!)... right, mom? ;) As an adult, there were so many times I wished that I had the opportunity to go back and live with them, as an adult, get to know them, as friends, and show them how much I really do appreciate them and love them (and always have!) And I got that opportunity. It wasn't something I planned, but on Saturday, March 3rd, 2013, I packed up my babies and I headed HOME to mom & dad's. And we've been here ever since. Dad passed away unexpectedly on Friday, March 7th, 2014. It was the worst day of my life, but I was blessed, and my BABIES were blessed, with the opportunity to spend an entire year with my dad (Pop-Pop! ...the man, the myth, the legend!) :) How many people can say that?!?! And we continue to be blessed to share this time with Mom & Jenn. I can't tell you how many times a day I call Mom to tell her something funny that Holden did or Harper said. She is my person, the one I share everything with (okay, almost everything!) ;) My mom is my very best friend, and I am so grateful that I get to share this amazing time in my life and my children's lives with her. We love you, Mom (Mom-Mom)! Thank you for everything you do and everything you are!!! You know I'd rather get all sappy in writing instead of in person, so I'll just say it here! We love you guys so much! We are happy to be here. And we plan to stay. Thank you for making room for us AND all of our stuff!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment