Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I will try harder

I didn't write this, but it is an awesome read. The words that spoke to me the most...
"I can remember laying in front of you begging for you to tell me what’s wrong. Begging you to let me help you. I’m sorry I didn't know what was wrong...
I’m sorry for all the times (I've) failed you, talked about you in front of you like you weren't there or ignored a communication attempt. I’m sorry it took so long to give you a voice. I’m sorry it took so long to give you a choice in everything. And I’m sorry I didn't take your device (your PECs) everywhere sooner — you deserve to have a voice no matter where you are, not just when it’s convenient for me.
I’m sorry for not understanding sooner. I’m sorry so many people hurt you in your life and didn't understand you. I’m sorry some people still don’t understand you and probably never will. I’m sorry for anyone who has ever treated you like you were less, and I’m sorry when I can’t protect you from the people who make you feel that way. I will always fight for you and fight for your voice."
I love you so much my sweet Holden. You were my very first dream come true!!! Your sister was my second! 
‪#‎AutismAwareness‬

No comments:

Post a Comment