Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pay it forward!



Over the past year and a half, I have been so amazed by how many genuinely wonderful people there are in this world, and how many people truly practice random acts of kindness... I am the blessed, grateful, proud mama of a 3.5 year old son with autism. That can be challenging. I am also the mama of a VERY strong-willed 2 year old daughter. That, too, can be challenging. And I am a single mom. That part... I'm okay with!  But, at times, again... that, too, can be challenging, simply because of the physical limitation of only having two hands!  My kids love to be out and about, so out and about we are. We love our adventures and more often than not, we have an amazing time! But there are also times when I find myself without enough hands. Holden might be running away at the exact same time that Harper is screaming "Mommy, HOLD YOU!!!!". And, physically... I CAN do it. (It is challenging, but I CAN do it). But I have encountered so many people who have been not only a blessing, but an inspiration to me. Strangers at the grocery store who offer to hold Harper while I calm Holden. Friends that I just met (that very same day) who automatically start feeding Harper at a birthday party while I'm calming Holden outside the room. Lifelong friends who pick up my sweet girl so I can chase down my little man on the loose. And I just want to say "thank you!" You truly inspire me to be a better person. And... those rare days when I find myself child-free, you better believe, I am looking for opportunities to pay it forward!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment